Membership & Volunteer
The Thompson Historical Society (THS or “The Society), relies on volunteers to enrich our understanding of Thompson’s history. Our volunteers include:
- Museum Shop staff,
- archivists cataloging artifacts and documents
- tour guides leading historical walks
- presenters of historical programs
- people collecting old photos
- membership coordinators
- accountants paying the bills
- web designers working on our website
- designers creating unique products for sale in the Museum Shop
- and specialists working on restoring the buildings
Join Us! Society projects and events require volunteers of all ages. Your participation is essential. The Thompson Historical Society’s mission is to preserve and celebrate the history of Thompson’s 10 villages: East Thompson, Fabyan, Grosvenordale, Mechanicsville, North Grosvenordale, Quadic, Quinebaug, West Thompson, Wilsonville and Thompson Hill. With more than 325 years of Colonial history and many more centuries of Native American traditions and folklore to research, we certainly can use your help!
Get In Touch
To apply for membership, either fill out our online form or you can print and mail in our PDF form.
After submitting membership form, send check made out to The Thompson Historical Society Inc., PO Box 47, Thompson CT 06277.
First Year Member: $5
Individual Member: $10
Family Membership: $15
Contributor Level Member: $25
Lifetime Member: $100